Last updated: 12/07/2019
- How does Rabe characterize the activities of the International Safety Zone and his own role as chairman?
- How does Rabe evaluate the activities and behaviour of the Japanese and the Chinese in Nanjing?
- How do Rabe’s accounts differ from those by other foreigners, by Chinese, and by Japanese who were in Nanjing in 1937/38? How do we account for these differences?
- How did Rabe reflect upon his time in China after his return to Germany in 1938?
- How and why do the two versions of the diaries differ?